The Lycée Guebre Mariam has just received an authorization from the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE) to resume face-to-face class.
The reopening of Lycée Guebre Mariam will therefore be organized according to the following schedule:
- Wednesday, October 14th pre-start for teachers.
- Thursday October 15th and Friday October 16th: pre-start for students within two days:
For all classes, the health protocol will be explained during this welcome day.
- The pre-start for elementary students will take place on October 15th according to the usual schedule. Elementary students will not attend classes on October 16th.
- Pre-school for kindergarten students on October 16th, according to the following schedule
for the morning
- PS: 7:10 am – 8:30 am
- MS-GS: 7:10 am – 8:00 am
Documents specific to elementary school will be sent to parents in addition to this email.
- Class beginning of 7th graders: Thursday October 15th 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
The home room teachers and the teaching teams of the seventh grade will be in charge of their students according to the location reserved for them in the playground and accompany them to the dedicated rooms. A school visit will be organized in the morning and the health protocol will be explained. No classes on the afternoon and on Friday October 16 th for seventh graders.
- Class beginning for 8th, 9th and 10th graders will be on Thursday afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
The home room teachers and the teaching teams of the 8
th, 9th and 10th classes will take their students directly on the spaces reserved by level and by zone located in the playground and will accompany them in the rooms which will be dedicated to them. Students will be free to go starting 4:00 p.m.
- Class beginning for 11th, 12th and 12+1 graders will be on Friday October 16 at 9:00 a.m.
The home room teachers and the teaching teams of the high school classes will take their students directly from the spaces reserved by level and by zone in the playground located in front of the gymnasium and will accompany them in the rooms dedicated for this pre-start. Students will be free to go starting 11:00a.m.
Barrier procedures: mandatory mask wearing, hand washing and distancing must be strictly observed according with the below attached health protocol.
- THE USE OF NORMAL SCHEDULE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED STARTING FROM Monday October 19th at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday October 19th classes will start according to the timetables of the students by class level.
In order to limit the mixing of pupils, the entries and exits of the pupils will be made through different places for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school and high school.
As a reminder, the elementary and secondary schools will be separated in order to meet the health demands set by the Ethiopian government. Students will not be able to move from one compound to another, except for PE classes.
- Entries will be made as follows:
- On Churchill road exclusively secondary students (middle school /high school):
- South gate for middle school students.
- The administrative gate: high school students.
- On the north street of the LGM as usual, exclusively primary students.
- Elementary (CP-CM2) as last year.
- Kindergarten (PS-GS) as last year.
You will be asked to scrupulously respect the attached health protocol.
With the exception of one accompanying person per student in kindergarten, parents can only access Lycée Guebre Mariam’s compound under appointment.
You will find attached the health protocol that will be implemented, validated by Ethiopian and French authorities. We ask you to read this document carefully and to respect it scrupulously. It is the condition for resuming face-to-face classes in the best possible conditions and with the main objective of ensuring everyone’s health.